Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hey There '08

Well, here we go. 1st blog of the new year. Won't be a long one as it's late and I'm tired after a long day, week, month so far, year to date. What a crazy couple of weeks it's been. I won't go into too much detail since no one really reads this thing anyway, but is it for others to see and comment on? I don't know. I suppose in some ways it is. If I didn't realize that by now, I must've been smoking something all along. For the most part it's to get thoughts off of my chest and what not - GEEZ, how profound.

Just wanted to recap a little of what's been going on over the last couple of weeks for posterity's sake. Some time last year - I know exactly when, it was when Jane and I (and Hylah too) went through our second miscarriage in about 6 months - I got a little disillusioned by the whole blogging thing. I was starting to post some 'bun updates', then it happened a 2nd time round about a year ago now. I let myself get too excited that we were going to have another kid in the house, 10 years after Hylah. Then, all of a sudden, it was over. I just couldn't keep coming back and posting random, uninteresting stuff. So, I let it go for a while and would come back from time to time, whenever I had something to say or to comment on.

Well, it's now almost a year later and what do you know, Jane is pregnant again and, at roughly 9 weeks, it's further along than the 2 previous times.

The ultrasounds are showing growth and development, a heart beat and, just this week, Jane saw the head move. Now as everyone keeps telling me, 12 weeks is what you want to hit before making a big announcement, but we've slowly been letting the cat out of the bag and slowly growing the 'inner circle' of friends who are in on the 'big secret'. We're kind of backwards and stubborn that way, but I wouldn't change anything about how we are handling things, but that's a story for another time.

I do need to say that, I'm super proud of Jane. She's coming along fine aside from some nausea and sickness and some other pregnancy related issues, not to mention some understandable hesitancy to accept the situation fully, as the days go by, I see how happy and proud she is that this is the one that may finally happen. Third time's the charm I guess. She's so cool.

Wow!... I really didn't think this one was going to go this way at all. I sat at the keyboard with an idea of where I wanted this to go, but my hands took me in a completely different direction. I guess that's my mind telling me where my head should really be at right now. Honestly, I was getting ready to write a whole thing complaining about my current work situation and how in 10 years at the same job, I've never gone home early due to any kind of work related stress issue, but this week, 2 days in a row, I developed migraines and had to get myself out of the office to preserve my sanity. I won't put too fine a point on it as I don't want to drift into that right now. I'll keep thinking positively and let you get back to your day. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home