Monday, October 29, 2007

Illustration Friday: Trick or Treat


Hi All,
Here is a picture of my Jack-O-Lantern this year. As a kid, I always loved the intricate Jack-O-Lanterns that I saw on people's porches when I would go Trick or Treating for Halloween. Over the last few years, I tried my hand at that type of pumpkin carving mostly using store-bought patterns with varying results.
This year, I decided to free-hand the key art for the 1982 John Carpenter classic 'The Thing'. Technically, I didn't free-hand it. But I did create my own pattern.
I found a good image of the poster online and I traced it using some thin butcher paper (I guess I could've just called it tracing paper) - it just happened to be the perfect size. Then, I transfered it onto my pumpkin and carved. The hard part for me was creating the lighting effect around the head as I never tried that technique before, but I think it came out great. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Well-done!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Fill said...

Wow! That's excellent.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger kookyknut said...

very cool indeed, great effect :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home