Thursday, September 14, 2006

HDR


At bottom is a link to a review of my good friend's band - HDR. They are really starting to get some good press. I like their sound a lot and have seen them play live twice so far (I live in SF and they are based in LA so a little difficult to get together more often), once electric and once (semi-) acoustic and both offered a really good contrast to their sound, style and performance.
It's good to see my bro' John Lord, who I think is an amazing drummer, finally get involved with a band that fits his style and that looks like it's in for some success (hopefully a lot of it). Joe Mora on Guitar and Vocals, Amy Tung on Bass and Vocals round out the Power Trio.
Joe has a very mean but measured guitar sound like a pitbull on a chainsaw creating a great groove and
Amy is the sick bass player from hell slapping that thing into submission holding up a great bottom end (know what I'm sayin'?! - Sorry Amy, couldn't resist). Anyway, it's good to see them in their groove and I wish them much success.

On a side-note, I just saw the Raider season opener with John and Amy just a couple of days ago where the Raiders got handled by the Chargers. So it was cool seeing them, but it sucked seeing the Raiders lose. But, as per tradition, John was MIA by half time.

But enough of my review, here is the real deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home