Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bomb Scare

Yesterday, there was a bomb scare in San Francisco just after I got off of work. As I was leaving work and trying to get to Bart, Front street was blocked off between Sacramento and Market. It was a pretty surreal sight as it had been raining all morning and some of the afternoon, then to happen upon the police beginning to rope off the intersection just in front of work and to look down the street to see that everything had been cleared as far down as line of sight would allow.

It all turned out to be a false alarm though. As soon as I circumvented the cordonned off streets, I got a little closer to the action only to overhear some officers stating that the mysterious package was in fact not a bomb.

It was pretty interesting seeing an actual Bomb Squad truck parked half way on the sidewalk and the team working to get their gear stowed and commence to allow people back in the area.

I know these things happen all of the time, but it was a first for me being so close to the action. Just a little excitement in an otherwise uneventful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home