Thursday, December 08, 2005

Do you whisper in front of your cats?...














...Jane did last night. We were sitting in the living room, watching the tube just before going to bed. We were talking about Christmas presents and, all of a sudden she leans in really close, puts her hand up by her mouth and she starts whispering and tells me about these catnip toys she saw in the store the last time she went to buy catfood (or something). Anyway, I'm looking around. Hylah is asleep, practically all of our lights are off and there's no one awake but us. I notice that Kismet (our older cat - pictured) is sitting behind me on the couch. I realize that Jane is actually whispering so that Kismet will not overhear us talking about her potential Christmas present(s). I had to squash the conversation and give Jane a reality check (I almost had to shake her out of it).

Rule of Thumb:
No need to whisper around your cats. It really will not ruin the surprise for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home