Friday, February 17, 2006

The Next Generation

Last weekend, my friends from Japan Tommy and Marina were in town for a couple of days on their way to the East Coast. They have a brand new baby girl named Jadis who they were bringing to see Tommy's folks in Florida.
As always, even for brief times like this visit - we were only able to spend a couple of hours hanging out. It was great to see them and meet the new addition to Nixon/Kinno team. The best part of it was being able to see some friends who I haven't seen in a while (some for a couple of years), but who I was sort of connected to (in a roundabout way) through T and M. These are friends who I spent (I guess you could call them) my 'wilder days' with - I have to admit that I was possibly the tamest of the bunch, hence the disclaimer, but since having Hylah and moving out of San Francisco to the suburbs, I've sort of fallen out of the loop and have only kept contact with them via emails and the rare personal appearances.
This is a group of people that I met originally when I worked as a doorperson (everyone was pretty chill so I never really had to work 'security') for a semi-regular underground party almost 10 years ago, who then turned me on to Burningman, which then, with some including T and M, evolved into closer friendships.
It was great to see everyone, who, the majority of, are now either expecting or have already had a child in the years since I last saw them. It was interesting to see my old friends and how they've tranisitioned into parenthood and especially this new generation of 'party-people' that they are bringing into the world.

Great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home